Last updated 31/05/2018
This document is available for download at http://docs.stroudofficesupplies.co.uk/gallery/website-privacy-terms-of-use.pdf or on request. Our full GDPR-compliant privacy notice is also available for download at http://docs.stroudofficesupplies.co.uk/gallery/full-privacy-policy.pdf or on request.
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
· Our Terms and Conditions Sale - found at http://docs.stroudofficesupplies.co.uk/gallery/terms-of-sale.pdf - which sets out the terms and conditions of sales between us and customers.
• 1.1 "Buyer" means the individual or organisation who buys or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller;
• 1.2 "Consumer" shall have the meaning ascribed in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977;
• 1.3 "Contract" means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods incorporating these Terms and Conditions;
• 1.4 "Goods" means the articles that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller;
• 1.5 "Seller", or “we”, “us”, “our” means Stroud Office Supplies Limited whose Registered Office is 701 Stonehouse Park, Sperry Way, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3UT whose Company Number is 05510697 and VAT number 448465615 that owns and operates www.stroudofficesupplies.co.uk;
• 1.6 "Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this agreement and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller;
• 1.7 "Website" means www.stroudofficesupplies.co.uk
• 2.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Buyer's statutory rights as a Consumer.
• 2.2 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer.
• 2.3 Ticking the Acceptance of Terms and conditions box on checkout shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed further evidence of the Buyer's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
• 2.4 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
• 2.5 Any complaints should be addressed to the Seller's address stated in clause 1.5.
• 3.1 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and are subject to acceptance by the Seller. The Seller may choose not to accept an order for any reason.
• 3.2 Where the Goods ordered by the Buyer are not available from stock the Buyer shall be notified and given the option to either wait until the Goods are available from stock or cancel the order and receive a full refund within 14 days.
• 3.3 Goods can be ordered using the website only. The technical steps the Buyer needs to take to complete the order process are those described on the website.
• 3.4 Where the buyer places an order on the website, having previously been banned or otherwise informed not to place orders with the seller’s company, the seller may deduct an administration fee and a fee to cover card charges from the refunded transaction. This also applies where the buyer is placing an order on behalf of another buyer that has been informed not to place orders with the seller’s company.
Price and Payment
• 4.1 The price of the Goods shall be that stipulated on the Website. However, typographical or other errors may lead to an incorrect price being displayed. Where this is the case the Buyer will be informed of correct price before purchase where possible, and as soon as possible after purchase where it is not. The Buyer can decide whether to pay the correct price or receive a refund for the amount of the Goods incorrectly priced. The price is displayed both inclusive and exclusive of VAT. The price excludes delivery charges. For delivery charges please refer to the section on the website headed "Delivery"
• 4.2 The total purchase price, including VAT and delivery charges, if any, will be displayed in the checkout prior to confirming the order.
• 4.3 After the order is received the Seller shall confirm by email the details, description and price for the Goods together with information on the right to cancel if the Buyer is a Consumer.
• 4.4 Payment of the price plus VAT and delivery charges must be made in full before dispatch of the Goods. Goods will only be dispatched upon cleared payment.
Rights of Seller
• 5.1 The Seller reserves the right to periodically update prices on the Website, which cannot be guaranteed for any period of time. The Seller shall make every effort to ensure prices are correct at the point at which the Buyer places an order.
• 5.2 The Seller reserves the right to withdraw any Goods from the Website at any time.
• 5.3 The Seller shall not be liable to anyone for withdrawing any Goods from the Website or for refusing to process an order.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time-to-time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us either by phone on 01453 750419 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
· use of, or inability to use, our site; or · use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site. If you are a business user, please note in particular, we will not be liable for: · loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; · business interruption; · loss of anticipated savings; · loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or · any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale – found at http://docs.stroudofficesupplies.co.uk/gallery/terms-of-sale.pdf
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please phone us on 01453 750419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org